A.D. Miron was one of the early suburbs in the former Cornwall Township that became a Cornwall neighbourhood on January 1, 1957 when the City annexed much of the Township. The name A.D. Miron no longer appears on Cornwall maps.
Originally A.D. Miron was bounded on the north by Thirteenth Street West, on the south by Eleventh Street West, on the east by Cumberland Street and on the west by Lass/Last Street (it was the last street) and later re-named Notre Dame Street.
Possibly it was named after Adolphus D. Miron; he and wife Rose operated tea room/restaurant at 440 Water St. E. in the 1920s/30s.
To return to our main post on Historic Cornwall neighbourhoods, please follow this LINK.