Lorneville was one of the early suburbs in the former Cornwall Township that became a Cornwall neighbourhood on January 1, 1957 when the City annexed much of the Township. The name Lorneville no longer appears on Cornwall maps.
Originally Lorneville was bounded on the north by Montreal Road, on the east by Alice Street, on the south by the St. Lawrence River and on the west by Nine Mile Road (later renamed McConnell Avenue), as illustrated in the 1879 Belden Atlas.
Here is a depiction of Lorneville in 1879 versus now, having expanded north and east:
Sometimes the segment north of Montreal Road was referred to as Maisonneuve (new house).
To return to our main post on Historic Cornwall neighbourhoods, please follow this LINK.