A very fashionable “art nouveau” designed tea and coffee tin sold by S. Hunter, Pitt St.
The tin was donated to the museum in 1994. It measures 22.3 cm x 12.8 cm x 13.7 cm.
S. Hunter traded under his own name during the early part of the 20th century, renaming his business The Bazaar, located in the Glengarry Block on Pitt St. around 1913.
The Glengarry Block is adjacent to F.W. Woolworth on Pitt St., between 2nd and 3rd., as shown in this postcard.
This is a sample of the photographic and archival material used to support our artifact collection at the Cornwall Community Museum.
The tea/coffee tin is on display in the period kitchen.