This cardboard ring box was donated to the museum in 2005.
Atkinson Brothers were located at 167 Pitt Street. The business closed in 1939.
The Atkinsons took over from L.E. Bailey, who started in business in 1878. In 1901 he was located in the Rossmore House, which was subsequently destroyed by fire, forcing him to relocate to 167 Pitt.
The interior of the Rossmore House shop, 1901.
This is a sample of the historic material the Cornwall Community Museum has regarding Cornwall’s commercial ventures.