A 1953 photograph donated to the Cornwall Community Museum of the old McBean Mansion overlooking Lake St. Lawrence, just southwest of the Lancaster exit on the 401.
In the early 1950s, Lester R. Perkins left Montreal to establish the Waverley School in the house, as a non-denominational private school for 30 boys 8 years and older. Established along the lines of an English prep. school, Perkins who had taught for many years at the Selwyn House in Montreal was headmaster. The school closed some years later, and after failed attempts to sell the building it was eventually destroyed by fire.