In the 1920s and 1930s, Ernest G. Hamel operated a grocery and general store at 33 Edward Street with the family home located nearby at 351 Montreal Road. That’s him on the left in this photo from the 1920s.
Please follow this LINK to view an article on Hamel’s political and community involvement.
This is an example of the many photographs depicting Cornwall businesses in the archives of the Cornwall Community Museum.
January 17, 1905 – A by-law to raise the sum of $8,000 for the purpose of permanent improvements to the Cornwall High School (CCVS).
Feb. 16, 1905 – Agreement as to maintenance of roads separating the Town and Township (Marlborough, Cumberland, etc).