This undated copy of a photograph dated circa 1881 states that this building was the home of Bishop A. Macdonell before it was remodeled around 1913 to form the main building for Iona Academy.
Sister Clare Macdonald, principal of Iona Academy looking over some memorabilia. Both of the artifacts in this photo, the wax relief of Bishop MacDonnell and the Iona Bell are housed in the Diocese of Alexandria-Cornwall Archives.
The bell was missing for several years and was discovered in 2015 during the search for memorabilia for the Treasures of the Diocese exhibit in April of 2015. It is on the rear left of this photo taken by Don Smith during the Treasures of the Diocese exhibit.
This is a sampling of historic material relating to Glengarry County and SD & G in the archives at the Cornwall Community Museum.