On January 28, 1908, an ice-jam pushed up over the banks of the Canal at Mille Roches and destroyed this home. The construction of the dams in the river due to the the building of the St. Lawrence Seaway and subsequent control of river water levels, has made such scenes as this, an event of the past.
This is one of more than 150 rare and rarely published images that will appear in the new book THE LIVING RIVER, the ST. LAWRENCE FROM LACHINE to CORNWALL to PRESCOTT, printed by Quarry Press and written by Ian Bowering and Lor Pelton. The book is due to be published in early 2017. For details contact: Ian10@bellnet.ca