The United Empire Loyalist Town of New Johnstown / Cornwall began as a single square mile, extending from Water Street to Ninth Street and from Cumberland Street to Marlborough Street. The far sides of those four perimeter streets were not part of the Town, rather belonging to the Township.
Select areas within the Square Mile:
- Pitt Street (300 block)
- Whitham Lawn Bowling Club (6th St E)
- Miller’s Scrap Metal (513 Pitt St)
- St. Columban R.C. Parish (4th St W)
- Gonzaga Boys’ Catholic High School (3rd @ York Street)
- Methodist Manse (1st St E)
- Trinity Church (2nd St W)
- Navy League / Sea Cadet Early History
- YM/YWCA Early History
To return to our main post on Historic Cornwall neighbourhoods, please follow this LINK.