Villeneuve was one of the early suburbs in the former Cornwall Township that became a Cornwall neighbourhood on January 1, 1957 when the City annexed much of the Township. The name Villeneuve no longer appears on Cornwall maps.
Villeneuve encompassed a three block area between Danis and Lefebvre from the River north.
This White Rose service station at 1401 Montreal Road was a popular spot. Note the staircase access to the boathouses and dock below. The boat houses and the station are long gone. A private residence occupies that spot today. The business across the street was Parent’s store, which is also a private residence today. Many guys have fond memories of the old baseball pinball machine at that store.
For a short time in the late 1960s the service centre was a Sunoco Station and then it was boarded up. Thanks to Thom Racine for these last two photos.
To return to our main post on Historic Cornwall neighbourhoods, please follow this LINK.