Cornwall lost our Victorian Gothic Post Office due to progress in the name of the Seaway, while Morrisburg lost its classically inspired Molsons Bank building, Feb. 21, 1958.
Main Street Morrisburg, demolition, Feb, 6, 1958.
With the exception of the smiles on the boys’ faces, this scene could be taken from the pages of a World War II bombed out City. Morrisburg, Main St., demolition, 1958.
These photographs were donated to the Cornwall Community Museum’s archives in 2010.
Eighty pages full of rare photographs are dedicated to the Seaway Story and the Lost Villages in the newly published book THE LIVING RIVER – SECRETS OF THE ST. LAWRENCE, Montreal to Cornwall to Prescott, by Ian Bowering and Lor Pelton and printed by Quarry Press.